intelliPACK, a CPEIA – PAC Business Network presents Smart Packaging Systems & Printed Electronics Workshops. Thursday, April 6th and Friday April 7th, 2017, 9 am – 12 noon
Thursday, April 6th, 2017, 9 am -12 noon
Smart Packaging & Interactive Displays
Leading brand owners and technology experts will share intelligent and smart packaging systems and solutions. Applications for wine & spirits, electronics, foods and beverages, luxury, health & beauty, apparel, pharmaceuticals and other high value-added products. Products that help extend shelf life, monitor freshness, display information, improve safety, security and convenience.
1. Smart Packaging & Interactive Displays – Facilitator Jim Downham, PAC
- Introduction 9:00 – 9:05 am – Jim Downham, PAC
- Presentation 1. 9:05 – 9:35 am What is smart packaging? What are the key applications and uses? What is the difference between active and intelligent Packaging – Jeffrey Moore, Atlantic Packaging
- Presentation 2. 9:35 – 10:05 am Brand protection of Pharma products – James Lee, Jones Packaging
- Presentation 3. 10:05 – 10:35 am Interactive retail displays and interactive packaging to connect with the consumer at the point of decision – Christina Cvetan, Unilever
- Break 10:35 – 10:50 am
- Presentation 4. 10:50 11:20 am What you can learn about your consumer through smart packaging applications
- Presentation 5. 11:20 11:50 Smart labels – Michelle Chretien, Xerox Research Centre of Canada
Friday, April 7th, 2017, 9 am – 12 noon
Printable Electronics for Smart Packaging & Interactive Displays
Leading technical and manufacturing professionals will provide an overview of technology and equipment for smart packaging and building blocks with a technical and manufacturing focus. Printing and packaging companies will share intelligent and smart packaging systems that help protect brands and create new revenue generation for the company.
2. Printable Electronics for Smart Packaging & Interactive Displays – Facilitator Peter Kallai, CPEIA
- Introduction 9:00 – 9:05 am – Peter Kallai, CPEIA
- Presentation 1. 9:05 – 9:35 am What is printable electronics and why is it suitable for smart packaging? What are the key trends? Peter Kallai, Canadian Printable Electronics Industry Association
- Presentation 2. 9:35 – 10:05 am What printing processes can be applied and what conductive inks may be utilized to create interactive packaging? Can this be added your printing lines? Derrick Hemmings, Sun Chemical
- Presentation 3. 10:05 – 10:35 am What are the key electronics components that can be printed or flexible that can used for smart packaging? – James Lee, Jones Packaging
- Break 10:35 – 10:50 am
- Presentation 4. 10:50 – 11:20 am What key intelligent packaging applications can be supported by Printable Electronics? Dr Ye Tao, NRC
- Presentation 5. 11:20 – 11:50 am How do you get started in developing your smart packaging capability – Chloe Bois, ICI
Register now at the early bird rate of $75/person/day or $135 for both days. Your registration includes the $20 show admission.
Discounted rate expires February 28th, 2017. Rate after this date is $99/day/person or $175 for both days.