intelliPACK, a CPEIA – PAC Business Network presents Smart Packaging Systems & Printed Electronics Workshops. Thursday, April 6th and Friday April 7th, 2017, 9 am – 12 noon
Thursday, April 6th, 2017, 9 am – 12 noon, Aviation Room A, Hall 5
Smart Packaging & Interactive Displays
Leading brand owners and technology experts will share intelligent and smart packaging systems and solutions. Applications for wine & spirits, electronics, foods and beverages, luxury, health & beauty, apparel, pharmaceuticals and other high value-added products. Products that help extend shelf life, monitor freshness, display information, improve safety, security and convenience.
1. Smart Packaging & Interactive Displays – Facilitator Jim Downham, PAC
- Introduction 9:00 – 9:05 am – Smart Packaging and Interactive Displys, Jim Downham, PAC
- Presentation 1. 9:05 – 9:35 am – What is smart packaging? What are the key applications and uses? What is the difference between active and intelligent packaging?, Jim Downham, PAC
- Presentation . 2. 9:35 – 10:05am Intelligent Packaging Applications in Pharmaceuticals, James Lee – Jones Packaging
- Break 10:05 – 10:20am Break
- Presentation 3. 10:20 – 10:50am What you can learn about your customers through smart packaging and interactive displays – Mark Baldwin/Aaron Willinsky TUKU/Array
- Presentation 4. 10:50 – 11:20am Printed electronics for smart labels and tags – Michelle Chretien, Xerox Research Centre of Canada
Friday, April 7th, 2017, 9 am – 12 noon
Printable Electronics for Smart Packaging & Interactive Displays
Leading technical and manufacturing professionals will provide an overview of technology and equipment for smart packaging and building blocks with a technical and manufacturing focus. Printing and packaging companies will share intelligent and smart packaging systems that help protect brands and create new revenue generation for the company.
2. Printable Electronics for Smart Packaging & Interactive Displays – Facilitator Peter Kallai, CPEIA
- Introduction 9:00 – 9:05 am – Peter Kallai, CPEIA
- Presentation 1. 9:05 – 9:35 am What is printable electronics and why is it suitable for smart packaging? What are the key trends? Peter Kallai, Canadian Printable Electronics Industry Association
- Presentation 2. 9:35 – 10:05 am Printing and integration of electronic functionality into your package. Erika Rebrosova, Sun Chemical
- Break 10.05 – 10.20am
- Presentation 3. 10:20 – 10:50 am What electronics can we actually print? – James Lee, Jones Packaging
- Presentation 4. 10:50 – 11:20 am Applications of Printable Electronics in Intelligent Packaging Dr Ye Tao, NRC
Register now at the early bird rate of $75/person/day or $135 for both days. Your registration includes the $20 show admission.
Discounted rate expires March 28th, 2017. Rate after this date is $99/day/person or $175 for both days.